Smile for the money! A smile initiates an immediate human bond, a bond in greeting that exceeds any mere business offer.
When you smile, you are telling people they are special. Smile frequently because it costs you nothing, generates tons of goodwill, and sets the mood for friendship. People like to do business with people who are happy. One network marketing buddy puts it this way: “A smile is the shortest distance between two people.”
Here’s a simple reminder for making your greeting memorable: As soon as you can after meeting someone, repeat the person’s name back to them. People like people who remember them. It’s one of the simplest ways to elevate your importance in another person’s mind.
When network marketing, remember to do the following …
- Answer your phone the same way every time.
- Respond to the callers questions clearly and honestly.
- Be courteous, even when the caller isn’t.
- Understand that time is important; don’t linger on with conversations.
- Smile while talking on the phone, because the receiving person can sense when you are genuinely pleased to be speaking.
Practice these habits and do them every time, and they’ll become something you won’t need to think about; they’lle be second nature.