Login as a User

why mary kay is a pyramid scheme

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Mary Kay
  4. >
  5. why mary kay is a pyramid scheme

Asked: 2020-01-25 11:54:46

I’m a freshman in college for business. Today we were talking about pyramid schemes in class; about what they are and what they aren’t. My mom sells Mary Kay and after our discussion in class today, it seems like the company is kind of a pyramid scheme. I’ve tried to do a little research on it, hoping that it’s not because i’d hate to see my mom get scammed. Anyway, everything that I’m reading points to Mary Kay being a pyramid scheme, and from what I know about the company, it fits the bill. I kind of feel like I’m being biased, so is Mary Kay a pyramid scheme? Why or why not?

Answered: 2020-01-26 06:51:08

Mary Kay isn't a pyramid scheme. don't let the haters get you down, go get you a starter kit and start making some money! The more people you sign up, the better and everyone on your team benefits. I’m not sure what the downside is, but if i’m not seeing it, let me know!

Answered: 2020-01-26 03:02:29

Pyramid schemes are illegal. Mary Kay is a network marketing company that offers an actual product and a sustainable business model, paying commissions on good sold, bonuses for new hires (or recruits) and perks like vacations and cars for top-performing consultants. Nothing about this is illegal or scheme-y.

Answered: 2020-01-27 01:23:12

MK cosmetics is not a pyramid scheme. they offer bonuses for new recruits but they mainly pay commissions on your sales. You sell a tangible product and aren’t ‘robbing peter to pay paul’ as most pyramid schemes do. Sure, signing people up is incentivized but this is the case with many other types of business. I wouldn’t worry about it being a pyramid scheme :)

Answered: 2020-01-27 03:02:25

technically pyramid schemes are illegal. however, I lean toward Mary Kay being scammy. sure, the products are nice, but you can literally buy comparable items almost anywhere. Network marketing companies generally pay you when new people sign up and continue paying as your ‘team’ grows. Think about it like this: if a normal business did this, they would be out of money in a heartbeat. There’s something not quite right with this business model and i have no idea how they have been around for as long as they have. Either way, i’d err on the side of caution when dealing with MK.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers