Login as a User

can mary kay cause acne

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Mary Kay
  4. >
  5. can mary kay cause acne

Asked: 2019-06-02 09:09:59

I have acne prone skin and have tried multiple brands and methods to help clear it up. it seems like everything I buy makes it worse including random drugstore brands, specialty treatments, and even facials. a friend of mine recommended Mary Kay but I'm hesitant to try any of their stuff because it’s kind of expensive and I’m not sure how my skin will respond to it. will these products cause my acne to flare up or my skin to break out? Is there a way to try products before i buy them or do i just have to guess at what my skin needs?

Answered: 2019-06-02 19:53:39

no, mary kay products won't cause you any problems with acne. Your entire household can use the same skincare products and have fantastic results without any chance of acne/breakouts/allergic reactions. Chances are, if you’re not seeing great results, you’re just not washing your face often or well enough.

Answered: 2019-06-03 20:17:57

MK has both makeup and skincare products available so I guess it depends on what you use. whether or not you break out is probably based on your skin type. also, if you're asking specifically about the makeup but you don't wash it off each night, yes... it'll cause acne. but that's literally the same as every other type of makeup on the market. Also, try asking for a sample of any products you're interested in using from your consultant.

Answered: 2019-06-03 00:06:35

almost any product can cause acne if your skin reacts poorly to it. The only way you’ll find out if mary kay will cause you acne is if you try it for a while. With that said, after a few weeks of no (or poor) results, talk to your consultant and see about switching products.

Answered: 2019-06-03 16:20:37

I've had good luck with my Mary Kay skincare. it cleared my acne up after about 2-3 weeks. it just takes a bit of time for your skin to get used to it and “purge” itself (meaning you might break out while your skin gets used to the products only for your skin to clear up and look better than ever!)

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers