Login as a User

why is amsoil not sold in stores

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. why is amsoil not sold in stores

Asked: 2019-02-02 00:25:44

I was introduced to Amsoil by a friend of mine and was very exceited about finding this new oil and how many benefits my vehicle received while using it. Then when I went to go buy more of Amsoil I found out I couldn't buy it in any part store or retail location. I find that very sketchy. Why would Amsoil want to look so shady and not put their product in stores where people could go buy it and use it at their discretion? Instead you have to go through the long ordeal or ordering online or finding a distributor, etc. It's a very shady and non-lucrative way to do business in my opinion and I want to know if I'm way off base here?

Answered: 2019-02-03 14:34:00

I find it strange and unnatural but I don't think it’s a conspiracy to do you in like you think. Amsoil wants to make money as a stellar and reputable business and part of that should be getting their product to customers quickly and easily. But they make everything so hard. It's almost like they don't believe in or want their business to make a profit with the Capitalism format.

Answered: 2019-02-03 03:50:00

You guys act like Amsoil never tried to get in retail stores. Once upon a time, they did do that and they got burned. All the big label retail stores were asked to carry Amsoil and all of them turned Amsoil down because it didn't come form one of the big oil companies like Mobil or Chevron. So the CEO of Amsoil created a network that went straight to the consumer and now Amsoil doesn't want to go into the retail stores because of how they were previously treated. I don't blame them one bit!

Answered: 2019-02-02 19:39:50

I have no problem with the way Amsoil does business and think its crazy that you do. You seem upset about paying a few dollars more for an oil you have to order online or find a distributor for so I'm unclear why that bothers you? You can always change oils and go buy a cheap brand that you'll like where and how they sell their oil and use it in your vehicle even though its the worst thing ever for your engine.

Answered: 2019-02-02 10:22:19

Yes, I think you're way off base. You're thinking there's some kind of conspiracy when really, the reason you are not able to purchase Amsoil where you're at in local parts stores or retail location is because Amsoil takes very seriously their small business advocacy. Amsoil supports only small business owners and most of the time won't have contracts with Auto Parts, NAPA and other stores like that. I'm a dealer and I was trained to open up Amsoil accounts with businesses that have 12 or less stores in their franchise line.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers