Login as a User

will mary kay send me a 1099

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Mary Kay
  4. >
  5. will mary kay send me a 1099

Asked: 2019-11-22 22:46:16

tax season is coming up in a few months which means that I'm getting all of my tax documents ready to bring to the tax place. however, I'm not sure if I should wait on any forms from Mary Kay (like a 1099 form or something?) or if I just claim what money I made from the company. Is it possible to just avoid mentioning it to the person who completes my tax return paperwork? Will the government know? I have a regular full-time job that I'm taxed on so this is just kinda extra spending money (and not a whole lot of it!)

Answered: 2019-11-24 18:21:55

any independent contractor or consultant will receive a 1099 form from mary kay no matter how much you make. It is important to report all earnings to the IRS to avoid back taxes or other legal complications that can come from unreported income.

Answered: 2019-11-23 16:55:48

Yes, but only if you make over a certain amount of money. even if you don't receive a 1099, its best to ask your tax preparer about how to claim your income from mary kay in order to stay up-to-date with your tax burden. Keep in mind that even if you show earned income from Mary kay, you will likely have expenses and other deductions so your tax bill might not be as high as you think.

Answered: 2019-11-23 03:43:15

nope! free money!! woohoo! #taxationistheft Seriously though, there’s no way the government can track how much you’re earning if you don’t get a 1099 and don’t claim the money. Just don’t tell anyone and you’ll be fine. Also, if you can, try to accept only cash payments (they’re harder for the government to track)

Answered: 2019-11-23 05:34:58

Mary Kay will send you a 1099 form if you earn more than $600 in a calendar year. However, no matter how much you earn from mary kay, you should claim earnings on your taxes. This is to avoid any potential issues like audits or claims of tax evasion.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers