Login as a User

can I mix amsoil transmission fluid

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. can I mix amsoil transmission fluid

Asked: 2019-02-26 01:09:56

I'm a new mechanic and I've been having a lot of customers coming in who want to know if I can mix Amsoil with transmission fluid. I'm not understanding this request I keep getting from my Amsoil customers and I want to know if I'm missing something when I tell them that's a bad idea. Any thoughts?

Answered: 2019-02-27 01:33:35

Your advice is right on. There is a risk to the performance and warranty of any vehicle if you improperly mix Amsoil with a transmission fluid. Some transmissions do need extra lubricants to help contain specific frictional characteristics to reduce, or eliminate, clutch slippage and some need it because there's different frictional requirements. But anytime you mix the fluids for different performance standards, you can have a bunch of problems including transmission failure so tell your customers no.

Answered: 2019-02-26 09:51:24

Any transmission fluid has detergents so it can fight engine sludge. Some car enthusiasts add a small amount to their motor oil prior to changing oil as a way to clean accumulated deposits and dissolve sludge. But Amsoil isn't meant to have that happen and it should never replace an engine flush or cleaning.

Answered: 2019-02-26 03:37:55

No that's a terrible idea and I don't know why your customers want it done. Your transmission fluid is compatible with Amisol and its best use is to top off fluid levels if needed. But if you do a transmission fluid change the fluid in your automatic transmission will be replaced with a new fluid and it doesn't work well together and can damage your transmission.

Answered: 2019-02-28 00:30:43

If you do your customer is going to get reduced performance or maybe equipment failure if the reactions really bad. You can't use Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil with a lubricant or you're going to shorten the Signature Series life expectancy. What's more you can reduce any benefits you would have received if you hadn't mix them.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers