Login as a User

how long can amsoil last

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. how long can amsoil last

Asked: 2019-05-29 21:23:13

I'm struggling with this because I'm a distributor and we get a lot of phone calls about how long Amsoil lasts. Because Amsoil lasts long for most any vehicle but every vehicle has a little bit of variance, I'm unsure what to tell possible customers so I'm telling the truth but can still keep a sale. I don't want to be accused of lying but Amsoil is a very long lasting, engine lengthening oil. Any advice?

Answered: 2019-05-31 00:43:17

Amsoil technically is guaranteed for 25,000 miles/12 months (15,000 miles/12 months in severe service).  But there's a AMSOIL XL Synthetic Motor Oil that's guaranteed for only 10,000 miles/6 months, or longer where recommended by electronic oil life monitoring systems. So you have to know which one they're asking about before you answer the questions. Both of them really offer an outstanding combination of performance and value.

Answered: 2019-05-30 11:50:18

Amsoil is honestly supposed to last up to one year or 25,000 miles/700 miles. It's what Amsoil states themselves on their literature so I don't know how anyone could accuse you of lying. The only cavaet is the time frame stated is for what they consider to be normal operation. It's only 15,000 miles in severe service situations so you have to get clarity from Amsoil on that one.

Answered: 2019-05-31 16:56:01

AMSOIL will go the 25,000 miles and it truly doesn't matter what make or model your car is although some cars have sludge issues and such. Amsoil is designed to reduce engine wear, improve performance, reduce waste, cost less since you spend less time changing your oil, reduce vehicle emmsions and many more beneifits. Depending what oil fliter you are using; if it is an Amisoil filter it should be good for 25,000 miles. If you are running something else it will most likely only be good for 3,000 miles. You also need to change the filters often and just top off the oil.

Answered: 2019-05-30 04:51:02

Many factors enable AMSOIL to be safely used 20 times longer than petroleum oils may be used. There was a case where AMSOIL Series 3000 5W-30 was used in a fleet of Cummins N-14 engines for ab extended drain service. They used the drains for the finding of oil analysis and what they found blew them away. One change was performed at one year with 125,000 miles. So you never know what the exact right answer would be but its safe to say you're all good with honesty.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers