Login as a User

can I mix amsoil with mobil 1

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. can I mix amsoil with mobil 1

Asked: 2019-05-17 22:09:49

I'm a race car enthusiast and want to know if I can mix amsoil with Mobile 1 or any other well-regarded oil? I know some of you will think I'm being cheap but I think I get a better result with my race car when I mix oils. Since I've never tried to do that with Amsoil I wanted to get some opinions before I go buy some and mix it together. Do you think it will damage my engine?

Answered: 2019-05-19 06:45:17

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There's no problem mixxing one brand of oil with anohter one. You can even mix a synthetic oil with a conventional oil if you want to. They are all pretty compatible and won't do any damage to your engine. That's because in today's world, most synthetics are made for use and can be combined with conventional oil. However, just because you can doesn't mean you should, as by mixing them together you're shortening your oil's life span and reducing their performance benefits when you don't combine them.

Answered: 2019-05-18 13:00:38

The formulations that are tested on your engine are done with a complete oil charge of ONE oil. It's never done with a mixture of two. Mobil 1 doesn't overformulate but the additive compenents in Mobil 1 even if its not a lot is enough that the mixture is not linear with performance. So I wouldn't advise it. However, its not going to damage your engine.

Answered: 2019-05-19 18:22:24

Amsoil will tell you that you can mix Amsoil with Mobil 1 and technically that's correct. But if I had to do it I'd only do it for a short time to get me from point 1 to point 2 maybe. Its just never a great idea for the engine no matter how much they tell you its okay. But the good news is both Mobil 1 and Amsoil have PAO which makes them more compatible. It's not perfect but it'll work for you.

Answered: 2019-05-19 09:41:12

Every oil has a formulation with its own base oils and additives or at lease different percentages of base oil and additives. Anyway its never a good idea to mix and match different oil brands or types because just like an upset stomach happens sometimes when you eat the wrong combination of food groups, the same thing can happen to your engine. You impact the balance or what's called the chemical equillibrium so I wouldn't do it even though you can.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers