Login as a User

how mary kay started

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Mary Kay
  4. >
  5. how mary kay started

Asked: 2019-08-05 09:52:54

okay, I love Mary Kay Cosmetics. In fact, i love it so much so that im doing a paper on the company for my business class. but I'm definitely having a hard time finding out how the company started. I've heard and read several stories but I am not sure which to believe. Some of the stories include mary kay’s husband, others include her son, and other versions say a whole lot of nothing. I’d like the REAL story of how the company started, not some made up, wikipedia version and that seems like all im coming across right now!

Answered: 2019-08-05 20:37:48

some say Mary Kay Ash started it after her husband died and her son invested $5000. The mary kay cosmetics company gives a brief version of the startup on their site but the internet has other versions. I’m not entirely sure what’s true so you may have to research this one a little bit further.

Answered: 2019-08-06 16:26:51

Mary Kay Ash started the cosmetics company in 1963 after realizing many women were having a hard time breaking into the business world and being treated with respect. She and her sons figured that women could sell makeup from home while still being able to support their families.

Answered: 2019-08-05 22:06:16

Mary Kay was started on September 13 in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash with the help of her son based on a book she'd written to help women in business. The company originally only had a storefront in dallas but has since grown into a multimillion-dollar company, employing and empowering numerous women!

Answered: 2019-08-06 19:44:57

it started as a business for a woman to be able to make money while working from home while still allowing them to take care of their families. The whole idea is that women love makeup and spend their days gossiping over who had lipstick on their teeth at church and therefore must want to sell makeup to their friends and family. Its old, its antiquated, and its sexist.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers