Login as a User

can mary kay consultants apply make up

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Mary Kay
  4. >
  5. can mary kay consultants apply make up

Asked: 2019-08-01 09:45:06

I'm getting married in a few months and have pretty much everything planned and picked out. The girl doing my hair said she can’t do my makeup because of her schedule. I’ve used Mary kay on and off for years and would prefer my wedding look to exclusively use this brand. My neighbor sells Mary Kay products and has offered me makeup consultations in the past. Can i ask her for a ‘consultation’ for my wedding day where she would apply my makeup? Is this something that consultants offer or do i need someone who is certified to apply my makeup?

Answered: 2019-08-01 16:40:55

Well, they can apply makeup but it doesn’t mean the makeup will look good. It also doesn’t mean it’ll look bad. I guess it just depends on the consultant and if they have a background in makeup application. If it’s for a major event, I’d do a test run to see if the consultant can give you a look that you like.

Answered: 2019-08-03 10:03:19

they can't apply makeup unless they're a cosmetologist and certified in your state! With this said, find a cosmetologist that actually offers makeup services. Otherwise, you might be stuck looking pretty silly on your wedding day

Answered: 2019-08-02 18:46:44

yes, they can apply makeup. however, their training lies in the products they sell, meaning that their goal is to get you to buy them. some consultants will apply makeup if it helps their sales, others will offer a "makeover" that consists of you following their instructions on how to apply mary kay makeup. if you're looking for a makeup artist, consider hiring a professional one. if you specifically want Mary Kay products used, ask that artist to use them. also, some consultants might be better than others at applying makeup, it just may take a while to find someone that can create the look you want.

Answered: 2019-08-02 16:52:59

while Mary Kay consultants *can* apply makeup, they typically aren't trained makeup artists. they might tell you the order in which you should apply makeup to achieve a certain look or even demonstrate on someone at a MK party... but they make money from product sales, not from applying makeup

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers