Login as a User

why amway products banned in india

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amway
  4. >
  5. why amway products banned in india

Asked: 2019-09-02 05:21:07

My husband was relocated to India for work and I am moving with him. I have been selling Amway for years because it allows me to set my own schedule and work from home. A friend of mine said that I cannot sell Amway products in India because they banned the company. Why would they have banned a company that makes such great products? Is there a way around it or do I have to stop selling it when I get to India? I really enjoy selling the products and know that the company is trustworthy, so I really don’t want to have to stop selling them.

Answered: 2019-09-03 15:42:28

India banned Amway from selling within the country in 2006. The country claims that the company violates the Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes Act of 1979. This is because they view all multi-level marketing companies as being pyramid schemes and don’t want their citizens to be taken advantage of them.

Answered: 2019-09-02 11:28:41

You absolutely cannot sell the Amway products in India. If you do, you will be breaking the law. Unfortunately, the country doesn’t allow multi-level marketing companies to sell products within the country. Thus, they don’t allow Amway products to be sold and to do so could get you in a lot of trouble.

Answered: 2019-09-03 07:57:44

If you are selling the products quietly on the side, you may be able to get away with it. You’ll probably just get a slap on the hand if you get caught selling Amway products in India. They don’t allow multi-level marketing companies to prosper in the country, but if you aren’t trying to build a team of sellers you should be okay.

Answered: 2019-09-02 21:49:55

I wouldn’t risk trying to sell Amway products in India. They want to protect Indians from marketing schemes and view Amway as being an unsavory company. If you are caught selling the products you can get into major legal trouble for violating their laws within the country. I would talk to an attorney to make sure you won’t get into legal trouble before trying to sell any Amway products.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers