Login as a User

why is amsoil so expensive

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. why is amsoil so expensive

Asked: 2020-01-09 23:45:08

I like Amsoil a lot but I find it ridiculously expensive. Every product I buy for my vehicles at my car dealership has to have a ratio factor I take into account before I place any orders. The ratio is simple I have to get the best cost that gives me the best benefit. It's an easy ratio and before I buy anything for the vehicles at my dealership I have to know the benefits of a product is worth what I'm paying for it. Amsoil is so ridiculously priced, I don't know if I can justify its benefits. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Answered: 2020-01-10 10:55:22

Some people think like you do that Amsoil is too expensive but really when you think about it your formula via cost vs. benefit should work with Amsoil. That's because the market has a ton of cheap synthetics out there but to call they synthetic oils should be a crime. They barely meet the definition. Good synthetic oil requires expensive ingredients to make it. Amsoil oil uses the expensive ingredients and while Amsoil isn't the cheapest it works very well. Most Amsoil distributors never receive a customer complaint based on quality and benefit of the product.

Answered: 2020-01-10 10:10:39

I think Amsoil is pricing itself out of the motor oil market myself. I use amsoil on all my bikes but now I have to pay another $2.00 a quart for basic 20-50 which means it will not cost me close to 25.00 a quart. That's ridiculous. What's even worse to hear is I'm considered a long-term preferred customer and I'm still paying 25 dollars for 6 months. That gives me $15 savings on $100 of oil. When I add the $20.00 that's tagged on for shipping I'm already five dollars in the hole by buying it. I can't afford to buy it anymore as much as I hate losing the benefits.

Answered: 2020-01-10 19:06:00

I think Amsoil is worth the extra money because Amsoil has the extended drain intervals. That makes it even cheaper than some of the cheapo synthetic oils that damage your engine. Amsoil gives you protection 24/7 and 7 days a week so if I were you I'd check out the $10 preferred customer option as you save about 30% on every purchase including your first one.

Answered: 2020-01-11 05:46:30

I can answer that question and that is cheaper isn't always better the multiple cars you have at your dealership. I realize there are deals on synthetic oil out there and no matter what Amsoil does there's always going to be cheaper oils on the market. But all oils are not created equal. Since all the oils are equal the customers are left on a slippery slope trying to determine what the word synthetic means. Unscrupulous motor oil makers produce a lot of Group I and II base oils and then turn around and sell them at cheap prices for inefficient oils. The motor oil makers lie about base oils as high as Group II base oil cost which is about a third less than Group III oil. Group IV and V base oils are considerably more costly.The oil makers need to widen their profit margins so they start skimping off the top for base oils and additives. That gives them a higher profit margin.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers