Login as a User

why amsoil is not api certified

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. why amsoil is not api certified

Asked: 2019-08-05 08:41:39

I got a job opportunity to become a distributor for Amsoil but I'm having trouble understanding why Amsoil isn't API certified? I've been using synthetic oils for 30 years and can't get past this weird alignment because all top-tier oils are API certified. I don't want to become a distributor until I understand why Amsoil hasn't pursued this course of action for one of they main products. Should I start the job at the same time as I look for the answer? Or should I wait until I get the answer and it satifies me before I become a distributor.

Answered: 2019-08-06 04:57:20

I got to the county fairs as a presenter for cars we have for sale with one lucky person winning a free car at every fair I travel to. There's always an Amsoil dealer at every fair and they always pass out gimmicky key chains, cups, brochures and other goodies at their booth. They have a great marketing campaign and absolutely no way to prove their oil is worth their high costs because they aren't API certified. I wouldn't work for them as a distributor no matter how much they paid me.

Answered: 2019-08-05 13:01:24

Amsoil has a lot of oils that are API licensed but you're right some aren't. Since you feel so strongly about the API certification that's missing from the Amsoil oils, I wouldn't take the job as a distributor until you're satisfied with whatever answers they give you. I do know that Amsoil warranty applies to 5W-30 (XLF) or 10W-30 (XLT) XL-7500 or 15W-40 (PCO). Many times Amsoil top-tiered oils is the non-API licensed synthetic oils. Amsoil made a decision that some of their oils work best with greater than .10% phosphorous levels and therefore would be eliminated from API certification or license.

Answered: 2019-08-05 23:50:19

I think you should wait because you seem really bothered by this information but the only reason Amsoil isn't API certified is because of the Phosphorus Restrictions. No matter what Amsoil did right with their oils, if they wanted to get a full API license or certificate they would be bound by strict phosphorous limitations. That's why Amsoil won't go into that direction and don't believe the API license provides enough benefits to them to counter the phosphorous limitations.

Answered: 2019-08-05 12:14:36

You shouldn't start your distributorship until you have the answers you want from Amsoil. Amsoil won't reimburse anyone the cost of their oil unless its determined the oil was the director cause of engine problems. For the answers you want you need to call Amsoil Technical services and they'll help you process your claim if you have one or know of someone who has one. I state this because you seem very upset about the lack of the API certification and I assume that's because you or someone you know had an issue with one of their oils. Amsoil does try to work with their customers to see if their engine problems presents data supporting the fact that repaires were needed due to Amsoil oil. Amsoil even works with insurance companies when they have to if its found their oil is to blame for engine failure and will work with an adjuster to have your vehicle replaced or repaired.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers