Login as a User

why amsoil is bad

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. why amsoil is bad

Asked: 2019-03-07 21:45:00

I'm a professional driver and I need an oil I can count on all the time. I need it to be affordable and reliable. I've heard such bad things about Amsoil and I've heard good things about it. I need some professional drivers to give me their opinion as we are the ones in the cars hitting up what we can and when we can and we need our oils to do their job. Can anyone help me that does what I do for a living?

Answered: 2019-03-08 04:31:54

I'm having trouble with the 2018 Amsoil formulated Signature Motor Oil. My wife and I had two cars and netither of them ever needed extra oil, but once we switched to Amsoil new formulation of 5W-20 Signature Series Oil both cars started using oil. We talked to our friends and those that had ATV's were having the same problem as we were. I called Amsoil customer service and they ignored my complaint and never gave me a solution to the oil problem with their product. I'll never use them again.

Answered: 2019-03-09 20:27:29

I used Amsoil synthetic oil and as soon as I did I noticed the clutch was getting sticky and soon after locked up completely. Then my clutch plates came out altogether. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do to clean my Barnett clutch plates so it doesn't have a drop of Amsoil on it anymore? I've already tried kerosent and solvent but the stuff won't come off.

Answered: 2019-03-09 18:42:03

I've had nothing but problems using Amsoil as a victory kingpin.Everytime I changed the oil and I had problems. Amsoil says the corporation stated its there policy to not refund because they say there’s nothing wrong with any of their oils. Since I don't want to ruin my engine with Amsoil being nonresponsive you should know you're using this product at your own risk. Amsoil made a name saying they are PAO based but ever since other oils started to compete with them in Group 3, they say they are Group 4. But in reality they are just selling you Group 3 at Group 4 prices and it doesn't do anything but hurt your engine.

Answered: 2019-03-08 21:31:42

Amsoil says it is a superior product but I call it snake oil. It doesn't mean to be snake oil but in reality you pay a lot of money for nothing. Its not better than a generic oil off the shelf because if it was all it said it was every luxury or exotic car place would be using it and their not. The synthetic oil they sell I think is straight up virgin oil except with Amsoil they charge you a fortune to put it in your car. Save yourself some moeny and but a name brand API oil that's certified.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers