Login as a User

which is better amsoil or schaeffer

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. which is better amsoil or schaeffer

Asked: 2019-09-20 02:57:01

I'm a hardcore Amsoil user for over 25 years but I'm becoming intrigued by Schaeffer and every time I read about it I get more and more interested in trying it. Does anyone have any thoughts about why Schaeffer seems to hold its own against Amsoil? I never thought I'd use another oil in my luxury cars but Schaeffer is catching my attention and want to know if anyone else is noticing what I am?

Answered: 2019-09-21 05:26:44

I've noticed Shaeffer too especially the Shaeffer’s 9000 in 5w-30 with all of its anti-wear additives. It gives so many anti-wear benefits I started doubting it a bit. In addition Shaeffer says it meets Dexos 1. Amsoil has verfiable statistics that state it meets Gen 2. Amsoil does have a lower NOACK and higher TBN. The big difference I can see between the two is that Scaeffers site seems to be intentionally vague. There's no way to verify or research what they state is real. I staying with Amsoil.

Answered: 2019-09-21 10:25:45

Amsoil is so much better than Scaheffer. I've been using Amsoil XL 5w30 in my car that sees extensive track time. I tried Schaeffer for six months and it almost killed my engine with sludge. I'm very particular and always change my oil and filter every 6 months, once before race season, and once after and I learned the hard way that Amsoil is great for extended drain intervals.

Answered: 2019-09-22 00:18:17

Amsoil does offer the best full synthetic that I need with the CJ4 delivered price and the oil offers the best value per mile when extending oil change intervals.

Answered: 2019-09-20 12:13:10

Amsoil really shines at the longer change intervals which is what most of their oils are designed for. Amsoil has a TBN of 12, and the Schaeffer's TBN is 10. Usually what that means is the higher the TBN, the longer the life of the oil is before it has to be drained. Don't shoot the messenger - I'm just stating the facts

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers