Login as a User

when to change amsoil

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Amsoil
  4. >
  5. when to change amsoil

Asked: 2019-11-04 03:58:28

I work for a competitor of Amsoil and want to know what Amsoil recommends in changing the oil in vehicles? I know there's been some major improvements overall in the motor oil market and some guidelines for oil changes are outdated. The state of California has aggressively campaigned against changing oil every 3,000 miles, calling it wasteful and Jiffy Lube says to change your motor oil when the vehicle manual tells you to so how and when does the Amsoil user change their oil if you don't mind sharing the infromation with me.

Answered: 2019-11-05 23:39:01

There's no way to artifically set a timeline for Amsoil oil changes. Amsoil Oil life can be monitored by tracking the climate, someone's driving habits and weather conditions. Sometimes people use an algorithm to give an artificial schedule for mileage, idle time, engine temperatures, trip times, engine loads, etc. It's these algorithms that give you a timeline schedule for when you need oil changes. Sometimes I change the oil every 3,000 and sometimes I wait till I get to 12,000 milies. It all depends on how severe my environment and condition is I'm driving in.

Answered: 2019-11-04 14:16:04

I learned pretty early as a professional race car driver that any extreme heat hastens chemical breakdown (oxidation). It's the oxidation that alters motor oil's chemistry and prevents it from lubricating, cooling and protecting they way it should. That's when sludge forms and sludge almost always clogs up your narrow oil passages which prevents oil from reaching your car's vital areas. Oxidation also leads to increased oil viscosity and that always affects energy efficiency. I change my Amsoil oil non-racing car every 25,000 miles/700 hours of operation/one year. Sometimes I have to change it at 15,000 but only if I've pounded it in a extreme service area.

Answered: 2019-11-05 19:32:15

Every car that uses Amsoil or any other type of motor oil is subjected to temperature swings. Temperature swings happen even when your car is parked on the street and not moving. That's because temperature swings cause condensation to form inside your engine. Its the condensation that leads to water contamination. When you don't drive your car for awhile or only take short trips that never let your engine fully engage the water in your oil stays in in vs. evaporating or exiting through the tailpipe. So I change my Amsoil based on how many miles I drive because Amsoil is a top-tier, quality product and I don't need to change it on an artificial timeline.

Answered: 2019-11-04 22:19:27

Amsoil tells people to follow their vehicle owner's manual. But you have to be aware that Amsoil's extended-drain synthetic motor oils, protect so well you can go longer in between oil changes all the time. People still follow the guidelines in most case from their vehicle’s owner’s manual. But many people use Amsoil because it gives them extended drains with the maximum protection for their vehicles or the comfort levels they want from their reserve protection. Many people use Amsoil love the freeing up of their time and having the convenience of a once-a-year or twice-a-year oil change.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers