Login as a User

does ambit energy have a cancellation fee

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Ambit Energy
  4. >
  5. does ambit energy have a cancellation fee

Asked: 2019-12-17 21:02:00

I want to switch out of Ambit Energy, but I'm still enrolled in their fixed-rate agreement. My husband doesn't want to use their services anymore. Don't get me started on why since it's a long story. Anyway, I was hoping someone on here can answer a question about cancelling my Ambit Energy. If I do cancel it, does it mean I will subjected to a cancellation fee. I was really trying to save money by using them in the first place, but now my husband doesn't want to use them. So, I feel like I'm in a bind. I don't want to a cancellation fee to have to deal with as well as all the stress. So, any help would be awesome!

Answered: 2019-12-18 09:42:14

Ambit Energy will probably bill you if you still have some kind of an agreement with them, especially if they haven't changed anything on their Terms of Service or if you haven't moved away recently. If you move away from where you can get their services, then you might be able to get the cancellation fee waived, especially if you can prove it.

Answered: 2019-12-18 23:47:19

If you are enrolled in a fixed-rate product agreement with Ambit Energy and decide to cancel, they will give you an early termination fee. However, if you move outside their service locations or you don't agree with a new change in the Terms of Services, then they won't fee you for cancelling.

Answered: 2019-12-18 11:18:19

You are allowed to cancel at anytime for any reason. They will charge you a cancellation fee if you are still enrolled under a fixed-rate agreement with them and decide to cancel. However, if you wait until your term expires, then they won't fee you for cancelling. So, I hope this helps you decide what to do.

Answered: 2019-12-19 08:53:23

I know people who move away from their service location availability won't have any cancellation fees from them. Although, I think if you cancel out of nowhere an you have a fixed-rate agreement with them, then they will charge a cancellation fee. I don't know what's up with your husband, but you should talk about it together if you are subjected to a cancellation fee.

Answered: 2021-08-17 03:21:11

Depending what state you live in, if your moving and can prove you did they can't charge you anything like in Texas there is a law

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers